- Ground Floor Retail Unit of Approximately 109.76 sq m (1,181 sq ft)
- Busy Town Centre Location c. 14 Miles South-West of Newcastle & 13 Miles North-West of Durham
- Consett is a Popular Co. Durham Town with an Estimated Population of 37,000, Rising to 68,000 within a 30 Minute Drive
- Nearby Occupiers: Westway Vets, Argos, Ramsdens, Domino’s Pizza & Iceland
- Would Suit a Variety of Uses Including: Barbers / Salon, Café, Hot Food Takeaway & Professional Services (STP)
- External Refurbishment Planned, to Include; New Shop Front & Electronic Roller Shutter
- Secure Private Car Parking & Service Yard to the Rear
- Rent £10,000 pax
TOWN CENTRE RETAIL UNIT OF APPROXIMATELY 109.76 sq m (1,181 sq ft)
Consett is a market town situated 14 miles south-west of Newcastle upon Tyne and 13 miles north-west of Durham City at the junction of the A691/A692, both of which provide the link to the A1(M).
Consett is home to over 37,000 people, growing to 68,000 people within a 30-minute drivetime.
The subject property occupies a prominent position on John Street, to the west of Medomsley Road. Nearby occupiers include Ramsdens, Westway Vets, Domino’s Pizza, Iceland, Argos & Pattinson Estate Agents.
The property comprises a ground floor retail unit with open plan sales, and ancillary storage, kitchen and WC facilities to the rear.
Internally the property is freshly decorated and re-carpeted, there are suspended ceilings with LED lighting throughout. Externally, the property benefits from private car parking and a service yard to the rear. The shop front and roller shutter are in the process of being replaced.
Unit 3 - 109.76 sq m (1,181 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new EFRI lease for a term of years to be agreed at a rent of £10,000 pax.
We understand that the premises have a rateable value of £8,700 effective from 1st April 2017. Under current government legislation, Small Business Rate Relief could result in no rates being payable (subject to eligibility).
It is recommended that any interested party confirm the accuracy of this information and the rates payable with the Local Authority. As a new occupier, rights of appeal may exist against the assessment.
All rents, premiums and purchase prices quoted herein are exclusive of VAT. All offers are to be made to Graham S Hall upon this basis and where silent, offers will be deemed net of VAT.
Each party to be responsible for their own costs incurred in this transaction.
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, two forms of identification and confirmation of the source of funding will be required from the purchaser / tenant.
For general enquiries and viewing arrangements please contact sole agents Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors