- Ground Floor Retail Extending c. 135 sq m (1,453 sq ft)
- Total Size c. 265 sq m (2,853 sq ft)
- Consett is a Popular Co. Durham Town with an Estimated Population of 37,000, Rising to 68,000 within a 30 Minute Drivetime
- Approximately 14 Miles South-West of Newcastle & 13 Miles North-West of Durham
- Prominent Position on Front Street with Large Volumes of Passing Traffic
- Surrounding Occupiers: JD Wetherspoon, Subway, Lloyds Bank, Barclays Bank & My Dentist
- Newly Refurbished; New Shop Front, New Electronic Roller Shutter, External Rendering & Internal Redecoration
- Would Suit a Variety of Uses (Subject to Planning)
- New FRI Lease Available at a Rent of £20,000 pax
PROMINENT TWO STOREY TOWN CENTRE RETAIL UNIT OF 2,853 sq ft (GROUND FLOOR RETAIL OF 1,423 sq ft)
Consett is a market town situated 14 miles south-west of Newcastle upon Tyne and 13 miles north-west of Durham City at the junction of the A691/A692, both of which provide the link to the A1(M).
Consett is home to over 37,000 people, growing to 68,000 people within a 30-minute drivetime.
SITUATION / DESCRIPTION
The subject property occupies a prominent position on Front Street which benefits from high volumes of passing traffic and footfall. Nearby occupiers include JD Wetherspoon, Subway, Lloyds Bank, Barclays & My Dentist.
The property comprises a two storey retail unit with ground floor sales and first floor ancillary storage. The property has undergone significant refurbishment, including: new shop front, new electronic roller shutter, external rendering and internal redecoration.
Ground Floor Retail: 135 sq m (1,453 sq ft)
First Floor Storage: 130 sq m (1,400 sq ft)
Total: 265 sq m (2,853 sq ft)
The property is available by way of a new FRI lease for a term of years to be agreed at a rent of £20,000 pax.
We understand that the premises have a rateable value of £10,750 effective from 1st April 2017. Under current government legislation, Small Business Rate Relief could result in no rates being payable (subject to eligibility).
It is recommended that any interested party confirm the accuracy of this information and the rates payable with the Local Authority. As a new occupier, rights of appeal may exist against the assessment.
The property has an EPC rating of 94 within band D.
All rents, premiums and purchase prices quoted herein are exclusive of VAT. All offers are to be made to Graham S Hall upon this basis and where silent, offers will be deemed net of VAT.
Each party to be responsible for their own costs incurred in this transaction.
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, two forms of identification and confirmation of the source of funding will be required from the purchaser / tenant.
For general enquiries and viewing arrangements please contact sole agents Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors