Narrow your search...
30-31 Silver Street, Durham, DH1
Annual Rental Of £102,500
- Approximately 249 sq m (2,680 sq ft)
- Ground Floor Sales 159 sq m (1,711 sq ft) & Lower Ground Floor Storage 90 sq m (968 sq ft)
- Located within the Prime Retail Pitch at the Heart of the City Centre
- Surrounding Occupiers Include; Tesco, Lloyds Bank, Mountain Warehouse, The Body Shop, Stormfront, Vodafone & Caffe Nero
- Primary Retail Catchment c. 120,000 people Boosted Significantly by an Estimated 5.5 Million Tourists per year
- Durham University student numbers set to rise from 18,000 to c. 22,000 by 2025
- Would Suit a Variety of Uses (Subject to Planning)
- Rent £102,500 per annum exclusive
The historic city of Durham is the economic and cultural centre of County Durham, sitting approximately 18 miles south of Newcastle and
14 miles south west of Sunderland.
Durham benefits from excellent road communications being located in close proximity to the A690 and the A1M, connecting the city to the national motorway network.
The city is on the main East Coast rail line from London to Edinburgh.
Durham has a resident population of 50,400 people and a catchment of approximately 120,000 which is boosted substantially by tourists and students. The city's cathedral and
castle are designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and help to attract an estimated 5.5 million tourists per year.
Both the Riverwalk and Prince Bishops shopping centres are within close proximity of the subject property and provide valuable parking to the City with Silver Street being the
pedestrian thoroughfare between the two.
Surrounding retailers include Caffè Nero, Tesco, Lloyds Bank, Mountain Warehouse, The Body Shop, Vodafone, Stormfront and Holland & Barrett.
The property is of brick construction arranged over basement, ground and lower ground floor. The rear of the property faces onto Back Silver Street which provides rear access and
attractive views over the River Wear.
Approximate floor areas as follows:
SQ M (SQ FT)
Ground floor sales 159 (1,711)
Lower ground storage 90 (968)
TOTAL 249 (2,680)
The property is available by way of a new FRI lease for a term of years to be agreed, at a rent of £102,500 per annum exclusive.
To be reassessed on completion of redevelopment.
The property currently has an Energy Performance Certificate rating of 62 within Band C.
All rents, premiums and purchase prices quoted herein are exclusive of VAT. All offers are to be made to Graham S Hall upon this basis and where silent,
offers will be deemed net of VAT.
Each party to be responsible for their own costs incurred in this transaction.
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, two forms of identification and confirmation of the source of funding will be required from the purchaser / tenant.
For general enquiries and viewings please contact Joint Sole Agents Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors or Reid Birkett.
Request A Viewing
Durham DH1 3RD