- Site Area of Approximately 0.31 Acres (1,254.53 sq m)
- Town Centre Location with Easy Access to A690 & A19
- Close to Local Amenities such as Hetton Community Pool & Wellness Centre, Hetton Centre & Tesco Express
- Cleared & Level Site
- Previous Planning Consent for the Construction of a 30 Unit Elderly & Mentally Infirm (EMI) Care Facility
- Potential Schemes Include: 3no. Executive 4 Bed Dwelling Building Plots, 16no. Sheltered Scheme or a 50 Bed Nursing Home (Subject to Planning)
- Freehold Offers Over £300,000
The site is located in the centre of Hetton le Hole, a onetime mining community located midway between Durham and Sunderland near Houghton le Spring and Murton.
The subject comprises a level site where the former St. Nicholas Church once stood. The buildings have been demolished and all waste has been removed from site. The former graves around the church have also been relocated.
The site extends approximately 0.31 Acres (1,254.53 sq m) and additional land could potentially be made available by separate negotiation.
Full planning permission was previously granted for the construction of a new 30 unit elderly and mentally infirm (EMI) care facility (now lapsed).
Further information can be gained by accessing the planning section of the Sunderland City Council website at
There is potential for a number of alternative residential and commercial schemes (subject to obtaining planning consent) including:
- 3no. executive 4 bed dwelling building plots
- 16no. sheltered scheme, comprising 8no. 1 bed apartments, 2no. 2 bed apartments and 6no. 1 bed bungalows
-50 bed nursing home
The site is to be sold Freehold with vacant possession.
Offers in excess of £300,000 are being sought for the benefit of our client's freehold interest.
Each party to be responsible for their own costs incurred in this transaction.
All rents, premiums and purchase prices quoted herein are exclusive of VAT. All offers are to be made to Graham S Hall upon this basis and where silent, offers will be deemed net of VAT.
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS
In accordance with anti-money laundering regulations, two forms of identification and confirmation of the source of funding will be required from the purchaser.
For general enquiries and viewing arrangements please contact Graham S Hall Chartered Surveyors.